Monday, August 16, 2010

Lay School of Ministry Continuing Education Theme

I'm excited about this year's theme for continuing education of the Lay School of Ministry of the Northwest Synod of WI.

Dr. Martin Marty headlines a fabulous line-up of faculty, who will explore issues of our Christian history. Dr. Marty likes to quote a British scholar who explained why he was an historian: "Because I find everything so odd, and I wonder how it got that way." Others say, "we study history in order to interrupt and overcome history." Abraham Lincoln guides others: "If we could first know where we are and whither we are tending, we might know what to do and how to do it."

This course is open to all who are graduates of this synod's lay school, or any other lay school across the country!

For information, visit their website at: www.layschoolofministry.org or email me at: gkaufmann@nwswi.org or call me at 715-579-1556.

No comments:

Post a Comment