This is the new and very much improved version of Bread for the Day. I believe this fits very well our synod emphasis on connecting home and congregation. There is even a discount for group orders!
Bread for the Day is a daily-use devotional resource filled with rich treasures:
- A brief scripture reading (NRSV texts) for each day following the daily lectionary developed by the Consultation on Common Texts and presented in Evangelical Lutheran Worship
- A prayer and hymn for each day
- Brief yet helpful introductions to the seasons
- Table graces/meal prayers for the holidays and seasons
- Household blessings for special times throughout the year (for example: Blessing for the New Year, Blessing of the Home at Epiphany, Prayer for Placing Palms in the Home, Blessing of the Easter Meal, Blessings for Mother's and Father's Day, Remembering Those Who Have Died, Lighting the Advent Wreath, Blessing of the Christmas Tree)
- Monthly pages for recording prayer requests
- Notes on festivals and commemorations
- Simplified forms for morning and evening prayer
- Waking prayers and bedtime prayers, including prayers with children
Use Bread for the Day for personal, household, or group devotions. This is the perfect resource for individuals, congregations, households, Bible study groups, prayer groups, pastors, church councils, outreach teams, confirmation students, and teachers.